Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

This afternoon my sweetie drew a smiley face on Himbeere's toe. Then we got looking at Sam's toe and realized he has hair on his toe. So we drew a smiley face on it, positioning it so the hair made a moustache. Now that was nice.

I was asked a while ago to be a long term substitute for a Sunday School teacher who is having some health problems. This is interesting. Today's lesson was from King Benjamin's address to his people that was powerful enough to convert the entire people. That was actually last week's lesson. Today was a continuation of that lesson, into some of the things King Benjamin taught after the people had expressed their conversion. Today's lesson was on retaining a remission of sins. All the things the prophet king laid out in Mosiah chapters four and five was teaching the people how to live in order to retain the remission of their sins they had received after the first of his remarks. Teaching the Gospel to our children, helping those in need, keeping the commandments. He covered them in that order. While I have long recognized in these chapters some simple and important truths about putting Gospel principles into action, I had never thought of these principles in terms of things to do to retain a remission of sins. The things you learn when you teach. That's one of the really cool things about the Lord's spirit - even the teacher learns. If you can teach with the Spirit you don't have to know it all before hand. A fantastic thing about modern revelation.

1 comment:

Ritsumei said...

Did you take pictures of the toe?? I wanna see! I want to scrapbook these beauties! I'll bet Mom's new camera could take some good close-ups. I think I saw the little flower icon for the macro shots.

That is interesting, those principles relating to retaining a remission of sins. I'm going to have to ponder that a bit. I didn't get to teach those lessons, so I didn't look at them as closely.