Thursday, January 22, 2009

Technological Marvelings

Oh, the marvels of modern technology. Today a friend 1,500 miles away had lunch delivered to my door, all while sitting in her office at work. She called to see how things were going and make sure I was up to it, after having just had surgery. Then she ordered pizza and 20 minutes later it was delivered. Took longer to cook than it did to order and deliver. And it was yummy, too! I find that amazing. Having lived most of my life before the internet, back when just finding someone to deliver the pizza would have been a major undertaking, I think it’s cool that this kind of stuff is now so easy.

1 comment:

Ritsumei said...

That's pretty cool that someone got you some tasty lunch! I was thinking of you today, wishing that I could come over again & hang out with you. That was fun.