Tuesday, July 6, 2010

An interesting Thing Happened Today

Yea, so I had just dropped Maulbeere off and was heading to work this morning and came to a red traffic light. As I was pulling up behind the pick up truck (a Ford F150, I might add) already stopped at the light I noticed a mouse run from the curb out under the truck under the front axle. It ran to the driver's side tire and hopped up on the tire just as the light turned green. Bad move. Well, now my curiosity was up so as I followed this truck down the road I made sure to hang back enough so I could keep an eye on that tire; I was sure that little mouse was going to come flying out any minute. But as the truck pulled up to stop at the next light that little mouse still hadn't fallen out. I was just beginning to think I may have missed it when it fell out, kinda bounced out onto the road a few inches from the tire, still under the truck. Didn't move much. I suppose that was understandable considering the ride it had just had. Then the light changed and the truck pulled away. I slowly started forward and when the shadow was off the mouse it didn't have any obvious injury but it was still sitting there, just kind of looking around. It was obviously still alive. Well, traffic was moving and I had to go. It was still sitting there in the same place as it passed out of sight under my car. Traffic was too heavy for me to see if it was still there after I passed over it. Man, what a ride that little mouse had.

1 comment:

misskate said...

Crazy! Bet the little guy didn't guess what he was in for. Heh.

The other week, while waiting in my underground stop for the el, I saw a mouse running along underneath the track. Before the train enters the station you can hear it rattling off down the tunnel.. when the train was approaching, it stopped running and just stood still. It was under the track, so out of harms way, and once the train arrived I couldn't see it anymore anyway, but, as the train pulled away, I wondered how the little guy was faring.