Saturday, September 23, 2017

Not as it Seems

Looks can be deceiving.  For example, There are times when, if you looked in our cupboard where we keep the breakfast cereal, when it may look like we're well stocked with plenty to choose from.  However, that is not always the case.  Cereals at our house tend to fall into one of two categories; squirrel food and sugar bombs.  The squirrel food tends to last a long time, Brombeere is the only one that eats it and she doesn't eat cereal every day.  The other kind goes faster. Himbeere is the one that eats the most of that stuff.  But its always hard to tell exactly how much we have on hand.
See, Himbeere has this thing about the end of the box.  If there is less than a full serving left he considers the box empty and moves on to the next box.  But he has this thing about throwing away empty boxes of cereal.  Maybe its because he recognizes that it really isn't quite empty.
So what you end up with is a few boxes with only a little bit left.  None with a full serving but all not quite gone.
So every now and then, when I notice that has happened, I will do the "clean up" and finish off the ends of all those boxes.
Granted, I don't finish them off entirely either.  I can't abide what I call the "dust".  Crumbs and sugar.  Nope.
But I actually enjoy a mix, a good variety of cereal.  Makes for an interesting flavor.  Back in the days of soda fountains, when a soda was made from concentrate and seltzer water, mixed in the cup after you ordered it, people would come in and order what was known as a "suicide", a squirt of every flavor available at the fountain.  I was never much of a fan when it came to soda but I do enjoy it with cereal.  It's one of the tough jobs at our house, but somebody has to do it.

1 comment:

misskate said...

Haha... I do that sometimes here too. Though, I'm not sure I've ever done it with quite as wide or impressive array of cereals. The folks over there should count themselves lucky that they have you to help out in rough situations like these!