Wednesday, July 29, 2020

A Little Hung Up

The other day the kids were outside playing while lunch was getting ready.  When I called them in for lunch they were all over by the fence.  After a minute they were still there, they hadn't made a move to come in so I called them again.  It was then that it became apparent that there was something out of the ordinary going on.  One of them was stuck.
It was one of those "I told you so" moments we're often presented with.  This young man had been climbing on the small woodpile by the fence and had somehow managed to snag his shirt on the fence.  Sure enough, he was stuck.  So as I rescued him I had the opportunity to point out to him that this was one of the reasons we tell them not to climb on the woodpile or the fence.  Fortunately, no lasting damage was done to him or his shirt.  Ah, well.  Live and learn.

1 comment:

misskate said...

Haha.. poor kid. Glad he (and his shirt) came out of the adventure ok!