Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Migrating Geese

Fall is here and that means birds have begun migrating.  So today, as I was out riding my bike, I came across a flock of geese that had stopped to rest by a pond the trial I was on went by.  As I was approaching the pond I could see there were dozens of geese congregating on about 20 to 30 yards of the trail I wanted to travel: this was going to be interesting.  So I slowed down some and charged ahead.  Sure enough, as I got close the geese began squawking, honking, and running, some out of the way, others flapping and lifting away.  Pretty soon I'm cruising through a cloud of squawking, running or flapping geese. That went on for the minute it took to get through the flock.  Really made me wish I'd thought of getting my camera out for this stretch of the ride.  It could have been real good.

1 comment:

misskate said...

That sounds like quite the experience! Good thing none of them decided to take a bite out of you... LOL