Sunday, January 30, 2022

Nailed It!

I'm sure you've seen them, memes on social media where someone was trying to reproduce something they saw and it didn't turn out quite right.

This is kind of like that.  I've tried numerous times in the past to get photos of snow flakes, I think they're beautiful.  But they're tiny, and they don't last long.  Conditions have to be just right to get any kind of picture at all, much less a real good one.  And yet, you see them now and then...
So this morning, as I walked out to the car to go to church, there on the side of the car was a single snow flake, all by itself.  And it looked to be pretty much intact. It's hard to tell because they're so tiny. And, because it was only 9 degrees, it was still there, just sitting there, not melting away super fast like they so often do.  So I took a picture of it.
I didn't really know how good it was until I looked at it a little later, up close.  All in all, I think it turned out fairly well.  The photography is okay, the flake itself was somewhat hammered, but it was hard to tell seeing it there, sticking to the side of the car, all tiny like snow flakes are.  But, even though the actual snow flake isn't a pristine sample, I thought the photo turned out pretty well.  At least, it's the best I've ever gotten.  So we'll keep trying and who knows, may some day ...

1 comment:

misskate said...

Ooh! Nicely done. I love when you can see individual snowflakes. So cool.