Sunday, April 20, 2008

watching the rain

I like to watch the rain. Sometimes its almost hypnotic. Friday I ended up with a little bit of time between appointments so I parked the car in a small park on a quiet street and watched the rain for a while. I like how after a minute or two the rain gets the windsheild wet enough that the drops don't splatter on it any more. It sheets over and flows down, gentlly. It wasn't a heavy rain. What they call around here a good "soaking" rain. Once the water begins sheeting you can actually see thru it pretty good, just a bit of distortion because the water is flowing over the glass in a thin layer. Drops land in it and make little circles that begin flowing toward the bottom. Fun to watch.

3 comments:

misskate said...

Ann Chovies huh.. heh. Very nice :) Found your blog! And I do think it's interesting what you have to say!

Know that you are now on my reader and I will systematically lurk on your blog and leave random comments that may or may not have anything to do with the actual post that they're on.

Ritsumei said...

Ditto!! Only I'm still resisting the reader thing, and so my lurking isn't quite as systematic as hers is!

Ritsumei said...

Oh, and that's a fabulous video.