Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hast Thou Not Seen?

Yesterday we took the opportunity to go visit Erdbeere and her family at their new house.  They recently moved and are still in the process of unpacking and settling in and putting their mark on their new place.  Its coming along very well and is a really nice place.  Much roomier than where they moved from and meets their needs and goals in a lot of ways. They chose carefully and it is turning out very well. I thought they did very well.

The nice thing about this visit was that only Brombeere and I went so we had the time to visit all the way there and back.  She sometimes accuses me of not talking very much and I’ll be the first to admit that whenever someone says “Talk to me” the next thing that happens to me is that my mind goes blank. Anyway, we talked and I thought it was very good because we had all this time together, which is sometimes hard to come by in this very busy life we find ourselves living.

Even though it was never a subject we addressed directly between us, I found myself, as we talked over a wide range of things going on in our lives, thinking over and over again, like a prayer, that See? There is another reason why we need additional blessings in this area or that one.  I sometimes get to praying about things where I feel there is need but don’t feel like the blessings are quite covering the need and pleading for more help.  Maybe that’s an ungrateful practices that I need to do better with but nevertheless, that is how it is at times.

So today in church we were singing the closing hymn, which was titled “Praise to the Lord, the Almighty”.  As we sang the second verse it suddenly hit me how much the Lord really has blessed, and continues to bless me.

Praise to the Lord! Over all things he gloriously reigneth.

Borne as on eagle wings, safely his Saints he sustaineth.
Hast thou not seen
How all thou needest hath been
Granted in what he ordaineth?


I felt like I had been ambushed by the answer to a prayer. Well, that’s how I felt. But the point is that once again I knew I was getting an answer to my prayers. I knew that the Lord was aware of me and my situation and was sustaining me at the level He wanted me at for the time being.

I used it later, during a lesson I was teaching, as an example of how the Lord uses scriptures and hymns to answer our prayers and communicate with us. So I didn’t hear a voice, but the Lord got his message across.


1 comment:

misskate said...

That is a great hymn!
(And I'm glad you two got some time to chat on the long way home)