Saturday, February 20, 2016

Not a Clear Day But You Can Still See a Long Ways

I found myself in the vicinity of Rib Mountain State Park today and in possession of annual pass for state parks so I decided to go up to the park and check things out.
As you get into the park and near the top of the hill there's an observation deck facing east so I stopped there and took a look.
Not a bad view but there's a lookout tower at the top so I decided I wanted to go see if I could make it up.  So I drove on up.  The parking lot is a short walk from the tower.
Its not the tallest lookout tower in the state - only 95 steps to the top.
But the view is pretty sweet.  Its really too bad it wasn't a clear day.  But even as it was you could see a long ways off.  This is the view looking west.
Yes, I was there!  Out behind me is looking east.  It was cold and the wind was blowing.  And I was having trouble seeing image on my phone so this isn't as good a "selfie" as it might have been.  But I was pretty pleased with myself for having made it to the top. Not bad for an old, cripple, I'm thinking.

2 comments:

Ritsumei said...

An old cripple couldn't do that -- you must be something else!Looks like a lovely sidetrip.

misskate said...

Brrr! Looks like fun though!