Sunday, March 5, 2017

Love Notes


So I'm going through another of the boxes of stuff my Mom and Dad left and I came across these little bits of paper.  So I open them up to see what they are.  My Mom had left notes here and there as she had gone through some of this stuff after my Dad had died.  She had tried to make sense of some of it but it was a pretty big job.  Anyway , I figured it was another of her little notes as she tried to get this organized.  But, not so!  It was four little bits of paper that were notes they had passed back and forth, probably during the time just before they were married.  Three of them were short little notes, mushy, sentimental stuff - I'll spare you.  But one of them made me smile, chuckle, actually.  It was funny and would have been fun to be "a fly on the wall", as they say, watching.
It reads:
Dad: This is another example of taking up time on a program and saying nothing.

Mom: I can't concentrate 'cause you're tickling me.

Dad: He's not very interesting anyway.

Really makes me wonder what they were sitting though.  A bit of a different picture from what I saw as I was growing up.

2 comments:

misskate said...

What a fun glimpse into them :) and sweet that she kept them

Ritsumei said...

That's fabulous!! Makes me chuckle. They are cute; apparently they've been cute for quite some time!