Thursday, October 19, 2017

Another State Trail

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to ride another of the official state trails.  This time I was able to get to do a stretch of the Tomorrow River State trail.  It runs quite a ways, miles and miles, with only one gap in it where you have to take regular country roads.  29 miles from end to end, actually.  In fact, with just a few gaps of several miles each, you could start on the Tomorrow River trail and go all the way to either Green Bay or Appleton and beyond on designated trails.
However, I did not go any where near as far as that.  I only did several miles.  Parts of the trail are relatively open.
Other stretches are gown over and pretty shaded.  Makes for a very pretty ride.
On the open stretches you can look out over the farm land and see quite a ways.  Very nice.
Its late enough in the season that the corn is pretty tall.  I really like the look of a mature corn field
More trees out across the harvested hay fields.  I like that.
A bunch of bee hives just off the trail.  A nice, safe distance so I did not encounter any bees.  Then again, it was evening and I understand that in the evening the bees head back to the hive.
Some stretches you can see quite a ways off the trail.
In other places you can really see a long ways off the trail.  Lots of well kept farm land.
Then again, in other places the trees closed back in again.  Sometimes, as I was riding along the trail, its fun to imagine the trail running along tracks on the trail.  Makes me wonder if the trees and stuff grew as close to the tracks as they do to the trail.  It would be interesting.

And, once again, the nicest thing about these state trails is how they leveled them out among the hills.  Cut down into the hills and raised up the valleys to keep the track bed mostly level.  There are ups and downs but nowhere near as bad as if you were to get off the trail and ride the country roads.  I like that.

1 comment:

misskate said...

Very pretty! Looks like a great day for it too :)