Saturday, May 25, 2019

To Provide You Better Service ...

The other day I brought in the mail and there was a note from the post office, a nasty-gram.  Apparently the postal inspector had been out and about and taken offense at our mailbox.
I guess they figured a poor looking mailbox just won't do to hold all that federally protected mail that gets delivered almost every day.  Yeah, my mailbox wasn't the most pristine of mail boxes.  But I've seen worse.  Its still functional.  Its true that winters are hard on mailboxes, particularly this last winter.  The plow goes by and a wall of snow and ice smack into the mailbox, giving it a good, solid jolt.  I came out one time and the mailbox was tilted up on a 45' angle, only hanging on to the post by the nails along one side, with a good, solid wedge of icy snow under it. So I cleared out the snow, bent the box back down, and it was good as new.  Anyway, I guess the box was showing some wear.
So we went to the store and got a new one, as well as some new numbers to put on the side of it.  Schwarzbeere, who was also there, was nice enough to install it for us.  That was really nice.
 So now we have a new mailbox, very nice looking.  While we were out there putting the new box on our neighbor came over to say they had left him a note, too.  They thought his mailbox was too low.  I got the easier complaint to fix.  Only a few screws and a few minutes to fix!  I like that!

1 comment:

misskate said...

Huh... who knew there was someone out inspecting boxes! Glad yours was a quick fix