Saturday, September 7, 2019

Sometimes Its Just Near Perfect

The other day the weather was good and conditions were right so after I got off work I took off on my bike.  This wasn't going to be an epic ride, just a ride around the area on some of my favorite trails.  Brombeere was at a church meeting and that usually means I would be back before her, even if I took my time, so there was no rush.
So I took off, riding along the streets until I came to where I could get into the woods on the trails.  Ever notice how that its always the trails in the woods that get onto my blog?  That's my favorite part of riding.
Its getting late in the year and the early signs of fall are beginning to show up. An occasional tree that's turned colors, lots of yellow creeping into the leaves on the underbrush.  There are wildflowers that bloom in the fall and they're beginning to blossom.  Others are opening up and letting their seeds go.  Birds are beginning their migration; that means listening to the geese honk as they fly overhead.
The days are getting cooler, and shorter.  Evening light is beginning to show up earlier in the day.  As my daughter observed recently, there is still more daylight than dark but that won't last long.
I took a route that took me by my favorite ice cream place so, of course, I stopped to enjoy.  As I was sitting there, working my way through the ice cream, it occurred to me how near perfect this day was.  It was a really good day.
Pretty soon it was time to be back on the way.  From that point on I was heading home.  As mentioned, the evening light has been coming earlier in the day.  I probably better get my bicycle light out and charge it up so I can have it ready.
It won't be that much longer before these after work rides end after the sun has gone down and darkness is settling in.  Fall is my favorite time to be out riding.  The sights, sounds, and smells are just better.  Leaves turning color, leaves having fallen, been raked, and getting burned.  Its a  beautiful time of year.  Unfortunately, it also means the end of my bike season is approaching.  But I enjoy it while it lasts.

Oh, and by the way.  I did beat Brombeere home. By 30 minutes.  Yeah, it was a good ride, all the way around.

1 comment:

misskate said...

What a lovely day! The long light pictures look really cool. Glad you got out to enjoy it!