Tuesday, December 24, 2019

In the Dark

Then there was the time when I had a headlight on my car go out.  You know how it usually takes a few times of driving at night to notice it seems darker than usual, wondering until finally you confirm there's a headlight out.  If you're lucky you can do that without getting pulled over for it.  So that happened the other day and I made an appointment to get it fixed.  Getting headlights fixed is a gamble; ease of headlight repair is usually not a purchase criteria when buying a car so its not until you actually have to have it done that you find out how hard it is on your particular car.  Brombeere had one fixed the other day.  All that needed to be done was lift the hood and come at the back of the headlight assembly and pull the bulb out.  Pop in a new one and in ten minutes you're back on the road.  Could have done it yourself.  I was hoping it would be the same on my car but no, on mine you have to pull the tire and come at the assembly up through the ceiling of the wheel well, to get to the assembly from underneath.  And then the whole assembly has to be pulled out to get to the bulbs.  More parts and more labor.  About $100 more than on Brombeere's car.  Ah, well.  But the real downer was that the night before my appointment to get the headlight replaced the other one went out.  So there I am, pulling out on to the road and can't see a thing, wondering why its so darn dark out there.  I finally had to put my high beams on to be able to see.  So I had to call the shop and make sure they could do both lights in the time scheduled, that they even had the parts for two lights.  Fortunately, they had the parts and the time.  Life is like that sometimes.

1 comment:

misskate said...

Wheeeeeeeee! That's an exciting way to drive. Glad you were able to make out to the shop and get everything sorted out. Being in the dark is no fun!