Wednesday, January 8, 2020

What's for Dinner?

So, the other day we saw a recipe on social media that looked interesting so I saved it.   Then, a little later, after I had taken a closer look at it, I realized we probably had all the ingredients, without going shopping.  Now that doesn't happen every day!   So tonight, when I got home from work, I started scrounging around the house, gathering up all the stuff.  The corn turned out to be the hardest thing, I was almost deciding we didn't have everything after all when I found some in the back of the freezer.  Callooh Callay!  So I got busy turning this ...
... into this: Chickpea White Chili!
Actually, it turned out to be pretty good.  Brombeere had an appointment and just as she was going out the door she reminded me that there was some chicken in the fridge that needed to be used so I diced it up and threw that in, as well.

Some people feel that chili can't be any good without a whole bunch of stuff added to it, like shredded cheese, crackers, corn chips, sour cream, and so on.  So all that was there, available, too.  But even on its own, it turned out pretty good.  We might have to have it again some time!

1 comment:

misskate said...

Niiiiice! It always feels extra satisfying to make a new recipe with stuff you have on-hand.. looks like a success!