Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Few Birds

We were out gathering up bags for the second half of "Scouting for Food" this morning and saw these two ducks. We would call them "puddle ducks" as they were standing in a puddle at the end of a drieway.

A little later in the day today Maulbeere took my camera out and just wandered the yard, looking for stuff to take pictures. She saw this little bird sitting in a bush out back, near where we have a bird feeding up right now. I thought it was a cool effect how the camera focused on the buds right in front of the bird.
This cardinal was sitting on the fence out back, too. We have seen qutie a few of these this spring.
Some of the pictures she gets are pretty cool.

1 comment:

misskate said...

Ducks in the driveway? Haha.. good times good times. How's the new schnazzy camera working out for ya?
I do think those are all great pictures!

I'm glad Maulbeere got the cardinal.. I know she was trying to capture a shot of one during Easter weekend.