Thursday, November 23, 2017

If You Don't Believe in Angels ...

I enjoy music.  A quote I've often found humorous comes from the story of Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen, a comment made by Lady Catherine de Bourg, ''There are few people in England, I suppose, who have more true enjoyment of music than myself, or a better natural taste." I wouldn't say my taste in music is quite that refined but I do enjoy music.  So it was a real delight to me, as my children grew and developed their own talents, to learn that I had been blessed with four daughters who can sing quite well.  When they get together they like to sing together, and their voices blend together very well.  I really like to listen to them.  Since three of them play the piano its pretty easy for them to get started, someone will sit down at the piano and pretty soon they're all there singing.  Very nice.  

Two of them have joined community choirs where they live and in the last few weeks we have been able to go listen to their performances.  I really enjoy when we are able to do that.


Sometimes, it seems like its getting harder and harder to get them all together at the same time.  But when they do, it gives life to what I like to say, "If you don't believe in angels then you haven't heard my girls sing."

1 comment:

misskate said...

❤ so glad you could come! I need to get to see my sister's concert one of these times. Yay music!
I still say we were inspired by our folks; you used to play piano and we often listened to tunes. It all starts at home :)