Sunday, December 24, 2017

On This Christmas Eve ...

Christmas - the celebration of the birth of Christ.  The occasion that began the culmination of the mission of Christ.  To celebrate is most appropriate.

I wonder, what does Christmas mean,
With its stars an shiny balls?
Is Christmas more than Christmas trees
And toys and games and dolls?
Of this I'm sure: There's something more,
For I've heard many say
That in a strange and far-off land,
A child was born this day.
And Christmas is to celebrate
His coming from above.
He showed us how we all should live
And told us we should love.
(Thomas S Monson, December Ensign, 1987)

















The glory of the Lord shall endure for ever; the Lord shall rejoice in His works.  He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: He toucheth the hills and they smoke.  I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.  My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. (Psalms 104:31-34)

No comments: