Monday, April 8, 2019

Now You See It, Now You Don't

The other day I was having breakfast with a sweet young lady and her brother.  We were having Lucky Charms.  While I really like Lucky Charms, it had been a while since I'd had any. 
I noticed that the package said there were unicorn marshmallow shapes in the box.  I'd never seen such a thing. 
So I looked through my bowl until I found s shape I didn't recognize and picked it out.  It was the only shape I didn't recognize so I figured it was probably it.  But I thought I'd ask an expert so I picked it out and held it up to show my little granddaughter. 
She reached out her hand to take it for a closer look.  I handed it to her.  That was a mistake.  She no sooner had it, than she popped it in her mouth and it was gone.  I guess it didn't make a lot of difference if it was a unicorn or not.  At least not to her.  But I was satisfied that that was what the unicorns looked like.  And my expert had shown me that it really didn't matter - it was still yummy.  What a sweetie, reminding me what was really important.

2 comments:

misskate said...

Haha! Good thing she has a patient grandpa (I doubt a sibling would be so understanding) 😁

Dorine said...

LOL!! This makes me smile!!!