Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Change is as Good as a Rest

This was an interesting day at church. I didn’t have to teach a lesson for sunday school. I actually got to sit next to my wife and listen to a good lesson. That was interesting, too. I extended the call to the new sunday school teacher. It reminded me of a call I extended to someone years ago, to be primary president. She was awe-struck. Almost overwhelmed. But she did just fine. She (the sunday school teacher) mentioned today how she’d agonized over it all week. She was a young married and this was basically her second call as an adult. She’d been primary secretary for over four years and had always thought there’d be some other calls between that one and teaching Gospel Doctrine. Some kind of progression. She thought it was a big jump. But she did just fine; I thought she did really well. It was nice to be able to listen from the congregation and hold hands with my wife. That was nice.

No comments: