Sunday, September 7, 2008

Oh, What a Day!

August 30th was the day of the big bridal shower so what's a guy to do!? Go golfing, of course! So we did.


So with the guys out of the way the ladies were able to get down to the serious partying. It was a good time for the guys to be gone. Some 30 ladies packed into the family room. Nobody got a picture of the whole crowd, that I'm aware of. I'm not sure that kind of crowd could be photographically reproduced adequately. There were ladies there from the Adams Ward, the Stevens Point Branch and friends of the bride from high school. And, of course, the bride herself.


We had borrowed 20 chairs from the church and those and everything we owned that you could sit on were occupied. But they had a good time. Lots of games, lots of talk, good food; all the stuff that ladies like in a bridal shower. We marked our house with balloons on the mailbox out front. Note the festive bouquet.


Now look on the right side of the road and find the balloons. All these cars were people here for the shower. Filling our double wide driveway three cars deep and parked in front of the houses two doors in both directions from our place. On the west end, at the corner, they were two cars deep.

"And behold, I was about to post other pictures from that weekend but lo, I am forbidden that I post them not. Therefore I post them not, for they are hidden from the world." At least until after the wedding.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Can I get pictures of the shower and stuff? Mom sent a couple, but they were just of the ladies. Most of which I had no clue who they were. Do you have pictures of the actual happenin's and stuffs from the shower. I'd love to see those. I'm feeling a little left out here in SoCal. :(

Cindy said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Okay, so as I am from Utah I am totally impressed by all the trees surrounding your property! It looks really beautiful out there!

Ritsumei said...

I'm loving the way you tell the story Dad! This is a fabulous post, and it was a great day.

Keeley said...

Hahaha, what a great post. =) That's one happy-looking bride-to-be.