Sunday, March 3, 2019

Caught on Camera

This car we bought a while back has a back-up camera, a parking assistant, as the owner's manual calls it.  So one day last summer I jumped my car and put it in reverse, which turns on the back-up camera, and just at that instant, a mosquito landed on the camera.  He stayed long enough that I got a picture of him.  Actually, he stayed for as long as I was backing and was still there when I got out of where  I was parked and put the car in forward, which turned the camera off.  Made for a funny picture.
Anyway, today, as my car was getting warm but still had a lot of snow on it, the snow was melting and making icicles that were hanging on the car.  Hanging on the car and growing into view on the back-up camera.  The back-up camera had gotten pretty dirty from all the ice, snow, and residue so I had cleaned it off a few minutes earlier so I could actually see with it again and here are these icicles growing down, blocking the view.  So when we got to church, I broke them off.
Then, a little later in the day, I was over visiting a friend and when I put the car into reverse to back out of my park, there were more icicles.
Pesky little things!   But I guess that's a first world problem, not something to get too concerned about.  Struck me as funny, though.  My car tells me when the parking assistant is blocked with ice or snow, or just so dirty that you can't see out - I get a little warning on the dash.  But the bug and icicles never set it off.  Guess they're not significant enough.  Too funny.

No comments: