Sunday, March 17, 2019

Keeps on Going

The last few weeks the garage door opener in Brombeere's car has been getting harder and harder to get to work.  You push it over and over and over again and maybe it would work after several tries.  Maybe not.  But getting less and less so.  So I finally decided to bring it and and change the batteries. I wasn't sure we had any the right size but its worth a look.  So I pulled down the tub where we keep the batteries and, low and behold!  There was a package of coin shaped batteries! 
The first thing I noticed was that it was labeled with my Mom's handwriting.  Not sure what the "fake candles" meant, but the "batteries" was right on track. So I'm thinking, if they're the right size, will they still have any juice left in them?  My Mom died nine years ago and a lot of the odds and ends from her house made it into my house.  But batteries don't last forever.  What the heck, it was worth a try.
There was an unopened package of the right size so I got one out and put it in the garage door opener.  From where I was sitting I could see into the garage so I gave it a squeeze to see if it worked.  And sure enough!  The garage door began to raise!  It worked.  I was amazed!  So there's a plug for Energizer batteries!  They just keep on going!

1 comment:

misskate said...

Very cool! It's always nice when you happen to have things you need already on-hand.